LOCATION: St. Paul, MN
JOB TYPE: Part-time, 20-30 hours per week
We are looking for an Operations Assistant to join our team and help our company continue to grow. Work would primarily take place from your home or preferred workspace, with occasional meetings in Mahtomedi, Minnesota. This role may expand over time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Project management: schedule appointments, collect agreements and payments, update the job log, etc.
- Manage incoming phone calls and website submissions.
- Ensure billable time is captured accurately for each project.
- Maintain electronic files, photos, documents for each project.
- Develop and sustain a good rapport with assigned clients by exploring specific needs, anticipating new opportunities, and providing clear and responsive communication about their projects.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager to develop proposals as needed, including establishment of project scope and fees.
- Provide assistance with marketing research and development.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years office experience preferred
- Knowledge of engineering industry preferred, but not required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Expertise in translating client needs into a clear and precise scope of work.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work independently.
- Self-starter, disciplined, observant and detail-oriented nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to manage client relationships.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and enthusiasm for the work.
- Critical thinking mindset effective at problem solving, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Comfortable and capable utilizing programs including MS Office, Google Drive, Dropbox, and DocuSign.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to perform work remotely.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
Criterium Engineers’ Mission Statement
- To be the leading provider of specialized engineering services for building owners, builders, buyers, managers and developers.
- To enhance peoples’ lives through an improved understanding of the buildings in which they live and work.
- To use sound, practical, engineering judgment and skills when evaluating existing buildings.
- To continually improve our standard of service through clear and responsive communication.
- To approach each project as an opportunity to establish a new “personal best” in professionalism, service and quality.
- To maintain a work environment that encourages and acknowledges exemplary service.